7.19.2012


Having too much stress in our lives in not a good thing. Stress itself can cause countless problems all by itself. It doesn't matter if you eat right, exercise daily...there is also that mental component, and you would do well to remember that too. So this month, I tried "Restorative Yoga". I was a little worried it would be a little too far out there for me, but, it was great! I couldn't believe how uplifting it was. I went from upset to happy in 60 minutes! Try it. I know there are free online videos, or you can find these classes at your local yoga studio, but, I think my top three poses that I believe will help you anytime are these:


Legs up the wall. Helps you calm down or even go to sleep. By placing the legs and heart higher than the head has a sedative effect on the nervous system. Simply put a folded towel under you butt and your lower back, breath. relax!

All in one pose. Great for getting out those kinks in your back and hamstrings. simply lie on your back in a corner of the room. Cross your left leg over your body. Place your right hand on the wall {just use a block if you can't reach} Twist your torso so your back is flat. Lay for a while, then go ahead and switch sides.

Baby back bend. Opens the chest and helps your posture. Place a folded blanket of a firm pillow under your shoulder blades, and cradle the back of your head in your hands. Relax. Take deep breaths.


I know, I know. You're welcome. Think nothing of it. You can and will thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog