8.19.2012

Missing you...






With the kids gone back home now so far away,

I discovered that today.....
I find myself totally missing;

the many freshly opened boxes of crayons and color pencils,
searching for 4-leaf clovers by the river, and skipping rocks,
wide open turquoise-colored skies, with fluffy white clouds
 made-up stories that grow into novels...
traveling along route 66
bare feet propped comfortably on the dashboard
lots of snacks for the drive..........
my vacation play list...
our camelbacks filled to the brim with ice water
outstretched arms, windswept hair
late night dips in illuminated outdoor swimming pools
freshly filled buckets of hotel ice
crossing state lines

I had a blast bringing them home.

Wish you were still here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog