6.30.2014

:: Pesto Pasta ::


{Pesto-Pasta}

Last Saturday morning I found myself {with some of my favorite ladies} attending a workshop called "Pasta Making" Believe you me - it was all a whole new thing to me. I have never in my life ever attempted to make my own noodles before.  After all, I thought... why should I when I can by it in the box for a mere $1? But, that day, I was proven wrong, and the words I heard at the beginning of the class from the teacher rang true... a little flour and some eggs and you'll never purchase that store bought stuff  again. And really it is that simple. The learning curve is in the feel of the dough. It's something that you only truly understand after kneading, dusting and touching again. And, that's just what we did.






Doesn't that seem pretty simple? It really is. And, you will find that once you make your own noodles they will take all your pasta dishes to the next level of goodness. Really.Want to know one of my favorite and easy ways to serve up some pasta in the summer? Just make your noodles, and stir in some freshly made pesto. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.


Homemade Pesto

Ingredients;

4 cloves garlic
¼ cup pine nuts
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves 
¼ cup parsley
7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan
¼-1/2 tsp. salt


Instructions;

1. Heat a small skillet on medium heat. Place unpeeled garlic in skillet and let cook, tossing often, 
for about seven minutes until garlic is spotted brown and soft. Set aside and let cool.
2. Place the pine nuts in the same skillet and cook on medium for 4 to 5 minutes, 
stirring often, until light brown and fragrant. Set aside.
3. Peel garlic and place in food processor. Add toasted pine nuts, basil and parsley leaves, 
olive oil, Parmesan and salt. 
4. Blend until combined. 

Use right away or store in a mason jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog