7.30.2014

:: It's just a thing ::




"ARRRRRGH! There are so many things that I just don't do anymore. Ya know"?
This is what my friend Julie was just saying to me the other day... and wanting my advice on how I handle getting older. Really? You really want to go there do ya? Well, ok then, listen up...

As much as I'd like to run errands in my pajama's, I just can't do it anymore. After you turn 50, I would strongly suggest making the switch to yoga pants. Look in the mirror. Don't make me call fashion police. 


Fact: When I drink, it's not for fun. It's because I am overworked, overtired and stressed out. I drink so I don't murder anyone.


Also, who's kidding who, I can't stay out all night, get drunk and go to work hungover the next morning. Once you pass a certain age, your body doesn't allow this to happen anymore. Trust me. I've tried. This is what sick days are for. 




I also never sleep in. I can't. I have an internal alarm clock that goes off at 4:30 every morning, no matter what time I made it to bed. The good news on that front is, I used to never be able to take naps, now I do! 


On that healthy note, I'm much happier with the choices I make when it comes to eating and snacking, no more Cheetos dust on everything. {although, I have nothing against the color orange} 


Even though I'm constantly tired, I always stay up too late. If I don't, I would never get to read or work on crafts. 


My body doesn't look like it did when I was 22, and it never will again. I have to work harder than ever to stay fit. 


Stress kills. Don't let this happen to you. Meditate, practice yoga, exercise regularly-you'll thank yourself later. 




On a positive note, I know who I am. I know my likes and dislikes. I know what I want and what I don't want. I surround myself with people who make me a better person. 


And when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with who I see. And that's enough for now.


She is not a happy woman. I am going to suggest she write a letter to her body because she is losing her mind over this age thing. She doesn't get it. Age is just a thing, and that is all. It's all in her mind. But, don't worry folks, I'll help her figure it out. That's what us "old" friends are for anyway... right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog