9.04.2014

:: Live your life ::





We are all so different. we are born in different places, and we live differently, and different things happen to us along the way that give each of us such distinctly different personal histories. they are the random quirks and stories that distinguish us from anybody else out there walking around on this earth. just think about that. each of us is indeed truly different in so many ways. What I would like to know is this: what is so different about you? I'll start...


1. I love to make lists. I make lists of lists to make so I don't forget anything. Crossing things off my list makes me happy.

2. Growing up, I wanted to be a stewardess. I always knew that I wanted to travel, and never really wanted to settle down anywhere. That isn't what happened, but even to this day... it is still my truest desire. Wanderlust.


3. The taste of cilantro in my mouth makes me gag. Strange isn't it? I love Mexican food, but too much of this and it's over.

4. My imagination often got me into trouble growing up. there's not too many things I didn't try. I played outside all day every day with the rest of the neighbor kids. everything was make believe, and using your imagination and building things was the order of the day. playing jacks and four square, and biking and playing tennis. we never stayed home, we never watched but maybe 1 hour of tv a day. it was a whole different world back then. we played house a lot. sigh.



5. I am a superb speller. I graduated with honors in English. here, I don't always capitalize. there is a reason for that. 

6. I was a cheerleader in high school. I have always been a little ashamed of this but worked hard at it. It was a really fun time.

7. When I am upset or angry, I leave. generally that means I just get in the car and take off. While this may not be the very best thing for an upset person to do, it helps me. So does shopping. and finally, music soothes me. 





8. I like wet saunas, but dry saunas about kill me. who can sit in that shit? Its like being in the desert.

9. When I was fourteen years old, and vacationing in Colorado in the mountains, I saw for the first time clouds with actual silver linings. I always thought that sentence was a stupid old wives tale. but no, it actually happens. and it is amazing to witness.

10. Weakness. I love rice crispy treats. Carrot cake with rich, cream cheese frosting, RED VELVET. just those words.






11. My feet are always dry so I have to take of them otherwise they actually crack and bleed.

12. I had my first boyfriend at age eight. you know how I knew? when we went around the class telling each other what we wanted to be when we grew up I would say a stewardess, and he would say a pilot! plus, he always chased me around the playground. {dead giveaway that one}



13. I am very particular about how my towels are folded, and how my toilet paper is hung. period. 

14. I wrote my first Haiku in second grade. I still remember it to this day. It went like this:




15. If I really love a book or movie or television show, I will read or watch it over and over and over again. i don't know why.

16. As a child, and, actually, even to this day I am a rhymer. and a counter. counting my steps, rhyming things in my head to remember stuff.

17. I have met three American Presidents in person. The first being President Richard Nixon. The second being Ronald Reagan, and the third being President George W Bush. kind of unusual i think. 




18. As a child I used to go to summer camp. I was always very homesick, even though I met a lot of wonderful people. 

19. I love silk underthings. enough said.

20. Taking pictures is one of my most favorite things to do, and honestly, I have gotten lost in it for hours at a time.












No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog