9.19.2014

:: Yummy Autumn Goodness ::




My Chicken Soup is a delicious meal that actually takes days in the making. It begins with a delicious roasted lemon chicken. We actually devour the dark meat {our favorite} as soon as it's served, and if anything is actually left over... then I save it for the next day to begin my soup.

Early the next day, you will find me starting the soup as I add the frame of the chicken to water which then becomes the start of a bone broth, by simmering it in water for several hours - with the Thyme and Bay leaf until the bones are soft and free of minerals. Then I strain it. What remains is a beautiful golden liquid with which I begin to make my soup. 




In a large pot, I pour the fresh broth, onions, carrots, white chicken meat and anything else I have left over from the week in the fridge that I'd like to throw in for flavor. The smell is comforting in every sense of the word, and below you will find a loose version of my recipe. Feel free to add whatever you love to the mix to make it perfect for you  

CHICKEN SOUP 

Serves Two
 You will need:
  • 2 cups Bone Broth or quality broth
  • 4 Carrots, sliced
  • 1 Onion or Shallot, chopped
  • any and all vegetables you'k like to add
  • White Chicken meat, optional
  • a few sprigs of Thyme
  • 1 Bay Leaf
  • Salt/Pepper
  • noodles, if you desire
In a large stock pot, combine all ingredients and simmer until carrots are tender. 
Remove the Thyme and Bay leaf before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog