10.01.2014

:: Welcome October ::




Time to pick apples and pears at the orchard. Whip up some comfort food, 
and spend time hiking and just being in nature as everything bursts into brilliant colors.


My October Haiku
I won't lie. I love October. Perfect weather in my neck of the woods. Warm enough days, and cool nights. 
Sound sleeping weather that's for sure. I just can't get enough of this. I could live with these temperatures 
all year round and be happy. Ecstatic really. The bonfires at night up and down the neighborhood. 
{Seriously, does everyone have a fire pit now?} Outdoor get together s' and movies... picnics, and warm 
ciders brewing outside for the taking. No, October just can't be beat around these parts.



I love collecting autumn leaves and flowers, and foliage and creating art from it. 
Hanging wax- dipped leaves around the windows, creating nature mandalas, 
snapping pictures everywhere because everywhere you look is simply spectacular, 
and of course why not go to corn mazes and try finding our way out? 
So much to do. So little time.




Apple Fritters

I finally made a fun Autumn snack yesterday: Apple Fritters. I've been wanting to do this for a long while now. It's actually a very old recipe in my very old tin box of family recipes. And happily, it was the best!




Let me know if you try them!








No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog