Pages

12.31.2014

:: I'm ready for the New Year ::




My glass is ready to be filled this year


As I'm wrapping up 2014, I've been thinking long and hard about what I really want to do and accomplish in 2015. I'm really not feeling too inspired to draft yet another set of New Year’s resolutions. The intent of this ritual is always good but hasn't proven to be very effective {at least not for me}. And then I read a post in which they talked about selecting three words that will become your theme for the next year. Words that will help to define you and guide you to your goals and experiences. I was instantly inspired! On the surface it seemed like a quick and simple exercise, but I found it surprisingly challenging to narrow down my hopes, goals, and dreams for the year into three little words. There were some really good words out there that didn't make the cut!

So here goes, my three words for 2012... simplify. enrich. trust. I call it {Set}

Simplify I'm going to clear out the clutter from my life once and for all, and I’m not just talking about the piles of paperwork and housework staring at me. I'm hoping to slow down the hectic pace of my busy life a bit to give me more time to focus on the things that are truly important to me. I'm determined to carve out time for spontaneous weekend adventures and road trips and to be open to exploring new discoveries instead of using my free-time to catch up on chores. I will set real financial goals and be thoughtful about purchases, i
nstead of acquiring more things or “stuff” we really don’t need, I'm going to focus on creating fun experiences my family and I can share together because when we look back at the end of the year that's what we tend to remember and appreciate. I will go through our attic, garage, files, and closets and purge, purge, purge, give away, and recycle the things we don’t use or need. I will create a clean and serene living environment and re purpose some of the spaces in our home so they are better used and enjoyed {and to that end, I already have some makeover projects brewing}.

Enhance I'm going to make the most of my experiences, relationships, and opportunities this year. I will make time to connect with friends and family and nurture those relationships. I will spend more time outdoors and tend to my garden to create a space where my family and I can entertain friends and family. I will take more time to shop for groceries and experiment with new recipes using mostly what I grow, and  I will pursue my passions like photography, crafting, and journaling. I will seek out opportunities to combine these passions with my professional pursuits. I will visit new places and wander with my camera in hand, and most importantly, I will schedule time for daily exercise that I enjoy, and make sure that I get enough rest every night.


Trust I'm going to trust in the process. In the journey. In the divine timing of everything. I'm going to trust my inner voice, my power, my truth, my good instincts. I'm going to practice trusting every day, all day long. Even if I'm irritable, frustrated, or the trigger went off, all that matters is that I'm going to trust that just shining back is a way of radiating possibility into the world, and that being brave will lead to all sorts of moments of connections and possibly healing. I'm going to trust others. Because we are all a part of something that is more beautiful, life. And we're in this thing together are we not? And lastly, I'm going to trust that I will have ample time, an abundance of time to do what I need to do. That's what I'm going to hold on to.


I’m excited to start the journey I’ve mapped out and look forward to sharing it here in the coming year. 

Thanks for being a part of it.









No comments:

Post a Comment