12.02.2014

:: It went too fast ::




Taken at SIS the fair trade store

Whew! I still can’t believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone already. It went so fast. For those of you who are wondering how my Thanksgiving Day went, I even surprised myself by having an evenly paced day with very little excitement or problems of any kind—a small, but very significant, victory.
The mister and I enjoyed all the delicious home-cooked goodness from old family recipes. The highlight of my whole day came when I actually found that I had time to go for a run and practice some yoga.

I hope you were able to celebrate the day with your loved ones, and that you enjoyed delicious food, and that you were even able to find some time to take care of yourself over this holiday weekend. After washing all the dishes and filling many tupperwares full of leftovers, I wasted no time whatsoever getting into the holiday spirit. As I said, the whole house is decorated, the perfect tree was found, cut down, put up, and decorated. Then, for the last few days I've been checking nearly everything off the Big Christmas "to do" list.

I made some pretty aggressive goals for myself this month, and so far, over half of my "to-do's" are already done! That means I'm right on track, and even found lots of little clusters of "me time" that I will be enjoying to the fullest! Well, time to finish up the Christmas cards so I can have them in the mail by the end of the week. I always include a small personal note in each one, so it takes a little bit of time. But I love sending and receiving Christmas cards! Each year I get more and more inventive on how to display them. What shall I do this year? I need to think about that. I'll leave you with my playlist for the afternoon.... enjoy!!!


‘Zat You, Santa Claus? – Louis Armstrong
Have yourself a merry little Christmas– The Carpenters
Jingle Bells – Frank Sinatra
Winter Song– Ronan Keating
White Christmas – Bing Crosby
And winter came – Enya
Little Drummer Boy – Tori Amos
Joy To the World – Jewel
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas – Micheal Buble
Merry Christmas Darling – Christina Perri
Christmas Time is here – Dianne Reeves
O Holy night– Josh Grobin
On this winters night– Lady Antebellum
I'll be home for Christmas – Tony Bennett
The Christmas Song – The Raveonettes


No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog