|Picture found on: Pinterest|
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1 cup Frank’s Red Hot or other hot sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Add the chicken tenders to a medium bowl; pour the buttermilk over and mix to ensure that the tenders are coated completely. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
2. Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and dredge completely.
3. Heat about an inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When heated, shake excess flour from chicken tenders and add to skillet. Fry until cooked through, golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side. Fry in batches, removing each previous batch to a paper towel to drain.
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat the hot sauce and butter in a small skillet. Toss with the chicken tenders.
5. Add some cheese to a tortilla. Top with two or three chicken strips, some sliced avocado, and another sprinkling of cheese. Top with a second tortilla. Cook each quesadilla in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Slice and serve.