1.28.2015

:: Interesting Word ::





Pronounced {hoo-guh} It is a Danish word. The closest equivalent to English I think would probably be Complete. I came to this conclusion because of the full description I read about this word and its real meaning. Here is the description of this one little word:

"it is spending real quality time with others, of enjoying the moment, feeling connected and finding balance and warmth. There's an art to hygge – it's about caring and loving (yourself and others), not striving for perfection and finding sanctuary among the everyday hustle and bustle of modern life." 

What do you think? If day to day I could really live like this, I would indeed feel completed. Whole. Happy. Comforted. I would feel complete. I read where the Danish are world leaders in happiness, finding balance, sharing moments, and take time for quiet contemplation in their everyday lives on a daily basis. That is pretty impressive. I think there is a lot we can learn from them, don't you?










No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog