3.14.2015

:: It's National Potato Chip Day ::






It seems that I am the only one who knows what today is. Sigh. I love potato chips. Chips and dip forever. This is one of my many weaknesses in life. There is nothing quite like a good potato chip in my book. 

It is described as follows: 
A potato chip (American English) or crisp (British English) is a thin slice of potato that has been deep fried or baked until crunchy. Potato chips are commonly served as an appetizer, side dish, or snack. The basic chips are cooked and salted; additional varieties are manufactured using various flavorings and ingredients including herbs,spices, cheeses, and artificial additives.  

Some interesting factoids:
* The first potato “chips” appeared in 1853. Served at the Lodge at Saratoga Springs, New York. They were referred to for decades as “Saratoga Chips”
* Native American chef, George Crum is credited with creating & first serving the “Saratoga Chips”
* The average potato chip is .04 to.08 of an inch thick.
* During WWII production of potato chips halted because they were deemed an “unessential food”
* in Great Britain and many other parts of the world Potato Chips are referred to as “crisps”. Chips, to them are French Fried potatoes.

Rather interesting isn't it? Well, no, not really. What can I say, I love to eat chips and dip with a sandwich for lunch any day of the week.Throw in a pickle, and I'm your girl. That's all. Nothing fancy about it . I love me some potato chips. Enough said. Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog