Pages

6.26.2015

:: She & Him - I love that emotion! ::




Wonderful pop/folk/old-time-country/awesome-in-their-own-genre singing duo She & Him.
Have you listened to them? I simply love their music. In fact, I have all their albums.  I even 
have their wonderful Christmas album which I only just got lat Christmas. Loved it!!!




The "She" part of the band is the awesomely quirky Zooey Deschanel. And the "He"? M. Ward

a talented singer/songwriter. The two make the perfect music pair. Deschanel's rather old-world voice matches up really nicely to Ward's original and whimsical tunes. I really find it hard to put their music in any certain category at all, because it doesn't sound like all the usual stuff you normally hear.



Instead of trying to define their music, it would be much easier to just tell you how it makes me feel. 
It makes me want to....

  • Swing dance.
  • Lay in a hammock and read a book until I fall asleep.
  • Bake a homemade apple pie and leave it to cool on the windowsill.
  • Reflect on my life in slow motion.
  • Get my swimsuit on and go paddle boarding .
  • Kiss.

Are you a She & Him fan already? Little tidbit that I did not know until recently:  Zooey is married 
to Deathcab for Cutie front man Ben Gibbard? What a match! Tons of talent between them!


No comments:

Post a Comment