6.17.2015

:: They say it's your Birthday ::




Today, I am turning 53. I know--I'm not sure how that's possible either! I could swear that it was only a couple of years ago that I was just a beautiful little girl. So, just so you know, I don't have a problem with getting older. {It sure beats the alternative.} I'm not going through any kind of midlife crisis or anything, I didn't even care much about turning the big 50 when it happened... so this is a breeze.



But, it did make me pause, and reflect about the fact that I'm twelve years away from actual retirement age. {Feel free to insert hysterical laughter here.} But, unless I win the lottery, I will probably never actually be able to retire, and, I don't want to actually stop working altogether ever, but still, I'm suddenly much more focused on getting my financial ducks in a row. And my will. I know. I'd really rather not think about these things either. But, there comes a time you simply must give this some attention, and then your done.


But, then there are other things as well... like the body. Jeez.  I wouldn't mind so much turning gray, but, the strands in my hair have over the last couple of years become snow white. I just tell people I highlight my hair, but one of these days I'm going to look in the mirror and see nothing but a head full of white.  


I think I look pretty good for my age {thanks, mom and dad-- I really do appreciate the good genes!}, but I'm starting to feel the effects of years spent sitting in a chair in front of a computer. I've been saying for ages that I need to exercise every day, and I am getting more serious about it. Looking at the number 53 seems to have motivated me to actually do it. For the most part though,  it makes me think about priorities. Nothing lasts forever.



At 53,  I am now over halfway through my life, and that's ok. Because I plan on making the rest of them count. Starting with this one. Age, it's
nothing to get all worked up about, right?

I have special plans for tonight. I'm going out with the girls.  There is nothing like sharing your special day with the most special people in the world sharing it with you. And so it will go. Another year behind me, and God-willing, many more to come. So, Happy Birthday to me! And, just for today, have something totally sweet and sinful for me! Thanks!



*All pictures from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog