7.08.2015

:: Mostly nature fed ::


I love this time of year for so many reasons... but the best reason is the sheer abundance of fresh, just picked foods to eat. Not only from my own garden, but from simply everywhere. I shop at the Farmers Market which has been really good lately, and I've also been doing a little bit of foraging. Yup, you heard me right.  That is simply where you find food growing in the wild, and I'm really happy to see that more and more of our communities are planting food in empty spaces for anybody who wants it. Near my home there are wild raspberry bushes, and every time I walk the dog I can't help but snack on those plump and delicious berries! Love them! I picked enough this morning to make about 6 jars of raspberry jam.












My lettuce grows over and over I just keep seeding it, my green beans and peas have gone crazy this year producing more than ever and I have been freezing much of them, along with my herbs.








I love getting up early, if only to let the sunshine kiss my skin and gather a fresh meal from the garden. From the way
I move, to what I eat, to the way I want to live- there is no doubt that nature feeds my mind, my body and my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog