Pages

7.11.2015

:: Snapshots ::




While thrifting the other day at Fred & Ethels,  I came upon something I had never seen before. It was a box stuffed full of old photographs of all kinds. A mixture of many different types of people and families... you could tell this was not just from one family... and they spanned many years between them. When I inquired about the box the cashier said "yea, usually we just throw that stuff away-people only want the box". I was frantic. Who, would throw away pictures like this? Didn't they have family who would want these? I mean, there was always a basket here with a few old photos, but this was really big. And they were selling them with the box for $5.00. Of course I bought it. I couldn't just let all those pictures get thrown away...



I couldn't help looking at them and wondering what their stories were. I began to make up stories in my mind about them based on the background and scenery, their posture, their pose, facial expressions, and their appearance. crazy right? But I just couldn't help it. I felt sorry for them. I think I'm going to make a large collage out of them maybe on a large tabletop covered by glass. I can't decide. Perhaps I can find some ideas on Pinterest for something I can do with all these pictures, but you can bet that in the coming weeks I'll do some stories of some of these pictures! They deserve that much at least.



No comments:

Post a Comment