8.12.2015

:: Not good enough ::



Are you ever plagued with the “This is not good enough” creativity block? I've been feeling it a lot 
lately with my photography and unfortunately, I've been feeling it quite often. I don't really know why.



Some days I will go out and shoot and if I come home with a few shots I am really happy with, I feel really accomplished and feel like the day was a success. But, other times, I sit and stare at my pictures and wonder what it is that I saw in this picture, and, why it is that I have this drive to make things better? And I really do wonder, do you ever feel like that?



I know it's not the camera’s fault. It's not the fault of the clouds. The sun was not in my eyes. It is up to me and me alone to make things better. It is up to me to learn and grow and challenge myself. I need to get out more and shoot lots more. Practice makes perfect right? 



I have this vision of how I see my photography future and it’s up to me to make it happen. Sometimes I think our brains get in the way of our creativity and we have to be strong enough to believe we can be who we feel and want to be. The only thing I can do to get me out of this self loathing funk is to get out there and shoot. That, or sell my digital gear. And that isn't going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog