9.05.2015

:: Stop Planning ::





"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have that life that is waiting for us."


~ Joseph Campbell ~


There have been so many times in my life that I have tried {in vain} to plan everything out. I would always think that if I planned it out really good, then nothing could possibly go wrong and everything would be absolutely perfect. What a joke. Each time without fail things did not work out. Why? Too many variables. You cannot predict a) The weather b) How people are feeling that day and where they are emotionally at this moment in time and c) What everybody likes or doesn't like. Let's face it everything changes, unexpected things occur, or people just change their minds. I think in general, we all feel like we should stick to our plans or things are not going to be alright. Well pooey, I say just roll with the punches, plan nothing, and sit back and enjoy the fun of the unexpected. In fact, that's usually when I have the best times. Remember, life is here for us to enjoy it, planning things leaves no room for random chances and unexpected experiences to present themselves, and folks... those are usually our best days. Remember that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog