Pages

11.26.2015

:: Happy Thanksgiving ::





My heart overflows with gratitude for the life I have been given.  Truly, I pinch myself regularly because it just seems unbelievable to me that my daily existence is filled with such beautiful love, good health and glorious abundance of food and breathtaking nature.  My complaints are few, for I realize how fortunate I am and it's not something I take lightly.  We have one life to live, and with every sunrise, I awaken with a thankful heart.

There shouldn't be just one designated day for giving thanks and reflecting upon all the goodness which fills our lives.  If we all made more of an effort to appreciate the good fortune which comes our way versus the focus of what isn't up to par, then I believe there would be more smiles in this world.  Let's give it a try, there is nothing to lose.  Here's to being thankful for each and every. single. day.


Bonus:





Sweet Potato Souffle

3 cups of cooked {mashed} sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a mixer, combine and 'whip' all ingredients together.  
Pour into individual baking dishes or one 13 x 10 baking dish.  
Prepare topping.

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 c. softened butter 

In a medium size bowl, use a fork or hands to mix topping ingredients together, 
sprinkle on top of sweet potato mixture. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes {individual baking dishes 30 minutes}.

No comments:

Post a Comment