Pages

11.10.2015

:: No more bad thoughts ::



You know how sometimes you liked a book so much you couldn't help but pick it up again and re-read it... but the second time around you got a little more out of it, and things sort of popped out at you this time? Well, I am about in the middle of Elizabeth Gilbert's; "Eat, Pray, Love" again and am enjoying every sentence. What is actually popping out at me was this quote:

"I will not harbor unhealthy thoughts anymore"

Unhealthy thoughts do us no good. They only bring us down, make us angry, and never get us where we want to be. So, I have decided that I need to start taking control. Control of my thoughts. And, try to understand my unhealthy thoughts, and then let them go. 


So, I tried this today. Every time an unhealthy thought entered my head I just said to myself: "I will not harbor unhealthy thoughts anymore". And you know what?  I felt more at peace with myself, and a lot happier. I did not let those thoughts control me at all. It felt good to be in control. To understand that the picture I see, is but one page in a big book and that I have no right to jump to any conclusions. I think I will stick with this one for awhile, it really seems to be working! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment