12.19.2015

:: Christmas Questionaire :




Ok Folks, I agreed to answer some simple holiday questions from you, and in no particular order here are my answers. {It really wasn't that hard to do... no}


25 Questions: Holiday Style



1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? 
Depends. If the eggnog is spiked, then the answer is eggnog, 
if not,  then the answer is hot chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? 
Presents are wrapped of course. Really?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I personally struggled with this one. For years it was white only, but in the past few years I changed to colored. Now I have 2 trees. One is white and formal, the other is colored and playful. Problem solved.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? Of course, I make a hanging mistletoe ball every year. They are gorgeous! 

5. When do you put your decorations up?  This year I started decorating on November 1st. It seems earlier every year. So much to do. So many decorations that I find it much easier to start that early.  

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Probably my famous Sweet Potato Casserole, or the green bean casserole, there are so many goodies it's too difficult to choose just one.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Getting a rocking horse. Oh my god, I LOVED that horse! Played on it for YEARS.    

8. What is on your Christmas wish list? I wish for continued happiness and good health for my friends and my family always. I never change.  

  

9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? We each get to open just one present on Christmas Eve. And we all get the same gift. New Pajamas! Makes for a good photo opp! Then we settle in with snacks and Christmas movies! This is of course after midnight Church service! We stay up all night and party into the next day all day as we have an open house for all to come!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? One tree is quite formal and looks perfectly out of a magazine. Breathtaking. The other? All play and fun. They both look great!

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Love it as long as it is off the streets!



12. Real tree or fake tree? One fake tree, one real tree. How's that for not sure?


13. Do you remember your favorite tradition? Well, I always found the pickle, I always decorated the cookies, I always went caroling. hard to pick just one when we as a family celebrate so many of them.  

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? To remember what the season is all about. It's not about the presents, it's about the birth of Christ, being around family and friends and showing them just how loved and important each one of them are in our lives.  



15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Aunt Myrtles Rice Pudding. 

16. What is your favorite Christmas Book? Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

17. What tops your tree? A Star of course.

18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yum! Especially dropped into a cup of coffee!

21. Favorite Christmas movie? Polar Express, Scrooged, Christmas with the Kranks, Elf, It's a wonderful life, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Unaccompanied Minors, The Santa Clause, A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Carol, Die Hard, Jingle all the way, A Christmas Story, Babes in Toyland. I know, but I love them all.

22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk



23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? We open present early, like 5:00 am, it takes hours, then we enjoy a large family brunch together before the open house begins at noon.

24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? Both. And I'll continue to do both.


25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? Christmas Card. If you have to send me a letter, then we are not close. If I know you, I already know everything you've been doing. Send me a cute photo card!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog