2.23.2016

:: Cold mornings and oatmeal ::




I have discovered something funny about myself. I really like oatmeal. {snort} I mean, it's not like I didn't know it was there. In fact, its always in my cupboard. I use it in many recipes, but never just as plain old oatmeal. That is, until now. And, I love it. I love mixing stuff in it, and last Sunday I even tried a new recipe {which was delicious by the way} for baked oatmeal, but it was very sweet and needed milk added to it, then it was perfect. It's so nice to eat something warm when it's cold and you have to venture out to work. It's kinda like getting a great big hug from the inside out. How about that? You simply must try it!

Baked Oatmeal 
Ingredients:
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
Additional milk
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
2. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk. Yield: 9 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog