Pages

4.10.2016

:: Another way to look at lists ::




Traveling isn't simply escaping the world - your job, or your life for that mater. Traveling is listening to the world. First listening to the smaller things, and then, the larger things as well. Listening is not simple, listening excludes jumping ahead, finishing sentences for someone, or assuming you know the outcome without hearing the whole story. But if you really do listen, then you've listened to the actual roads you've traveled on and learned something from them, and then, you will never be the same again. you cannot return to who you were. I'ts about learning how to lose oneself. It's our sole opportunity to meet the world, to see it with our own eyes, to reach out and touch something tangible. 


Oh The Places We'll Go

Think of all the wonderful places we could visit
Where to begin?

This is where I think list keeping comes in handy. I have a list for everything. If I have a few hours to kill, I look on my list for "If you have 3 hours". Yes, I'm serious. If you keep a running list of all things that you want to do, and that are interesting to you-well, you'll never day to yourself "What shall I do today"? ever again! I actually have that list starting with 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours and finally 10 hours. Most of the things listed are chores and quick clean ups, but I also list fun things to do as well, so depending on my mood, and time to spare-I have a lot that I can choose from. I am a serious list maker. Traveling falls under these categories as well. If I have 3 hours... I may grab my camera and head to a museum, or drive to a park. I may go for a picnic lunch... or, I may bag things up and drop them off at our Goodwill. Just depends. But, in the end, thanks to my lists, I always have an idea of what I'd like to do. How about you? Are you a list keeper? I'd love to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment