Pages

5.04.2016

:: It's hard to say goodbye ::



At least, it is for me. I am saying goodbye to everything today. Every little thing around me that is familiar, that I have ever known. I am saying goodbye. All the stores I am familiar with, all the parks, all the restaurants, all the art, most importantly, all of my friends. It has been a rough week for me. I have been making plans. In secret. Plans that nobody knew of. No one. It has to be this way. It just does. Tomorrow, I begin the second half of my journey through life with no one but myself. 

I take that back. I won't be by myself. I have a small family in the place that I am going. A family that I will be very happy to spend time with and come to love as my very own. Their arms are wide open and welcoming to me, and that is all I need to start with. From there, I will grow every day and then, become the woman that I was always meant to be. I have a new and wonderful job, I will be living over a thousand miles away from my old home, everything will be new. Everything will be different. And I am accepting all of this with open arms. 

There are things that I will miss. Lots of things. But I am not looking back. A very good friend once gave me the best advice I think I have ever been given: "Don't look back, there's nothing for you there". And, he wasn't wrong. It just took me a long time to do it. But now, I have done it. And so it goes... I wish I could have seen more of the Lily of the Valley blooming in your garden Mary, but I was able to capture this much...




No comments:

Post a Comment