:: She just let go ::

6:00 PM





I let go. Without a thought or a word, I just let go.

I let go of the fear. I let go of the doubts swarming around in my head. I let go of the indecision. I let go of all the ‘right’ reasons. Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, I finally,  just let go.

I did seek advice from those that I trusted. I did search scriptures. I did pray a lot over the matter. And then, I just let go. I let go of all of the memories that had held me back for so long. I let go of the anxiety that had continually kept me from moving forward. I let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right.

I didn’t journal about it. I didn’t write the projected date in my planner. I didn't go public with my plans. Nor did I check the weather report. I didn't even consult my horoscope or my bio-rhythms. I didn't analyze whether or not I should let go. I didn’t say one word. I just let go.

No one was around when it happened. I took one last look around, committing much to memory. There was no applause or congratulations. No one noticed a thing. Like a leaf falling from a tree, I just let go.

There was no effort. There was no struggle. It wasn’t good and it wasn’t bad. It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, I can now just let it all be. I can now turn to the future. I feel a small, excited smile come over my face. A light breeze blows through me. And the sun, it feels like it's going to shine forever.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About this blog