It's very much worth posting again I think! This is the most delicious meal EVER! You know a recipe is damned perfect when everyone wants the leftover recipe over the meal any day of the week...wow!
Pot Roast Mushroom Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes Servings: 4
Got some leftover potroast? Try this delicious pot roast soup with mushrooms!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups pot roast, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released their moisture and it has evaporated, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and beef, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the parsley and remove from heat.